Sunday, March 20, 2011

A Month on a Farm.

[From now until the end of my stay on the farm and possibly longer, this blog is dedicated to my Grandma Christie so that she can see how I am getting along here and that I'm able to do these things because of the love she has always had for me.]

Dear Grandma Christie,

I thought about you long and hard today while turning up some Washington dirt. I was making large clumps into small clumps and thought about how wonderful our visit together was and how I wish you could be here with me and see what I am seeing. The place I'm staying is modest, the house gets its energy from solar panels and the wonderful couple who live here built the house themselves. It's very lovely as you can see in the photographs. You know, with the photos you can kind of see what I am seeing, and when I think of it, I wish there was a way that I could see everything that you have seen in your life. Or maybe I can see it; in your face and the way you laugh. Today I planted seeds for grains and barley, and I hope that I'll be able to see some small sprouts before I leave!

I don't want to wear you out with too many words, so here are the photos (the sheep are Rosalita and Margarita and they are like very large happy dogs):







Love you,

Heather

P.S. I also just helped roast dandelion root for coffee in the morning.

No comments: