Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Rain, Rain, Go Away

Dear Grandma,

It's about seven thirty in the morning here and pouring outside. It seems like you were a character in all of my dreams last night. Sometimes I have nights like this.

I haven't been doing much work in the garden lately - the rain here is never ending it seems. On Saturday I went for a ride around the island on Lane's bike. Here are some pictures from my small adventure, take note, I had to stop for a coca-cola. I hadn't had one since I'd been here.




I did get to plant some trees on Monday, and also took care of another bed of strawberries. Thats three beds of strawberries I've planted so far. The rain is very good for them! Though, I'd like it to stop raining so I can plant seeds and prepare more beds. While inside, I help Sequoia with doing her business plan and any computer problem that she can't figure out. Last night we made our dough for homemade rye wheat bread. Yum.

I'm hoping to do some adventuring off the island in the next two weekends. There's a state park somewhat close that has bouldering, so I'm going to try and make some friends to do that with.

Thinking of you always and sending my love through the air,

Heather




No comments: