Today while piling out of cars and gathering up our freshly picked pumpkins, all of our attentions were brought to the pitchy bark of a small hound being walked across the street. I glanced up, saw a man and a woman, saw two dogs, each in the hand of man and woman. My senses were overtaken by the hound, i heard it, i watched it, and I just kept thinking about that hound. What seems like several minutes later, though it couldnt have been I looked back up at these people walking their hounds across the street and recognized one. My mother. I looked back up in the first place because I heard her voice, and its not a voice I'll ever be able to forget. She said to either joey, or patrick, or vikki, or someONE, that this is her dog ladybird. Thats my mom.
What was my first reaction? To hide. And pull jesse in with me, as a warning: "Thats my mother."
"Are you sure?"
"YES"
So, today I saw my mother, and my mother either didn't see me, which is impossible, or didn't recognize who I was. Or was just as scared as I was.
Sunday, October 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment